Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Warlick to stay at UT; Staley to South Carolina

Tennessee Lady Vols assistant head coach Holly Warlick will remain on Pat Summitt's staff. Warlick had been in the running for the head coaching job at South Carolina.

Three-time Olympic gold medalist Dawn Staley will leave her hometown of Philadelphia to become the Gamecokc's head women's basketball coach. Warlick told 10 Sports, "I love what I do. I feel very fortunate, I love my job."

"It (South Carolina) was an opportunity I looked into," added Warlick. "It didn't work out. I had reservations about even applying for the job."

"I was meant to stay here," Holly said. "I'm not upset about it."

Staley will take over the women's basketball opening subject to approval from the university's board of trustees. Staley replaces Susan Walvius, who resigned after 11 seasons with the Gamecocks.

She has also served as a member of the USA Basketball staff since February 2006. She'll continue to serve through the Beijing Olympics this summer.

No comments: